Quality Life Concepts offers a variety of benefits to its employees. Benefits vary, depending on the number of hours the employee works.
Full time, Part-time, and Relief available
Positions located in Great Falls and Conrad
QUICK QUIZ! (It’s easy!) Are you tired of sitting behind a desk, computer or counter? Are you interested in being active? Do you want to have fun? Do you want to make a difference? Are you looking for a unique career, working for a progressive organization?
THEN JOIN OUR TEAM!
Choose a job you love, and work will no longer feel like work!
Get paid to make a difference in someone’s life and have fun doing it! Quality Life Concepts (QLC) provides daily support to adults with developmental disabilities living in their own homes. We need people who want to use their skills, life experiences and enthusiasm to contribute to the lives of others.
We provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities to live in their own home by providing quality support services that will assist them to maintain independence, provide opportunities for community integration, and create a nurturing, safe, and healthy environment.
Duties/Responsibilities for a Direct Support Professional:
- Supporting people to be actively involved in their community
- Support in making and/or maintaining relationships with friends and family
- Providing support for medical and health needs
- Assistance in daily living including cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.
- Assistance as needed depending on the individual in physical transfers using appropriate equipment
- Communicate respectfully, in a positive and professional manner
- Provide safe transportation
- Assist clients with personal care, including dressing, mobility, administering medication, personal hygiene, eating and transporting to doctor’s appointments
- Ensure client safety and well-being
- Providing a positive and fun environment
- Supporting positive behaviors
- Maintaining records and data entries
- Provide direct assistance, supervision, training and support needed by program participants for completion of activities.
- Helping them to learn applicable life skills and reach their personal goals
Strong candidates for a Direct Support Professional position are people who:
- Are quick learners and creative problem solvers
- Are good teachers and coaches and are energized by the success of the people they support
- Are committed to helping people have a pleasant home, healthy meals and healthy lifestyle
- Are understanding, patient and kind, while still having high performance standards
- Enjoy supporting people in learning new things and accomplishing life and career goals
- Are self-starters, who don’t require immediate, on-site supervision
- Are responsible and good role models
- Are open to learning
- Are team players who can work either independently or in a team situation
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills for a Direct Support Professional:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school education/GED or equivalent required
- Professionalism; integrity; excellent communication skills
- A lot of patience required
- Willingness to support people’s preferences for community, activities, work, leisure activities, the exercise of their rights etc. in various settings.
- Ability to stay alert and awake at all times
- Use a computer for data entry
- Able to push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to assist with adult toileting and personal care needs
- Ability to assist clients in and out of vehicles including wheelchairs, kneel, sit on floor, walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work at least 1 weekend day
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow thru on details, complete obligations
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt easily and quickly to changes due to behavioral or situational disruptions
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate requirements, including overtime or irregular schedules
- Be able to read, write, and communicate in English or ASL
- Paid training! Including 1st Aid & CPR. Also new hire training and annual required training.
- MEDICAL package for eligible employees (30+ hours per week) includes major medical.
- QLC contributes $470 per month towards employee health insurance.
- Health insurance the 1st of the month following 60 days from date of hire
- Health insurance includes 3 choices of medical plans- one which is FREE to the employee
- Supplemental coverage includes: 2 choices of dental plans, a vision plan, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental Insurance with AFLAC
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which offers free counseling.
- Paid holidays
- 401K after one year of service with generous company match of employee contribution.
- Ample opportunities for advancement. (All QLC supervisors have been promoted from within.)
- Our Direct Support Professional positions are a great opportunity for those considering careers in Psychology, Nursing, Medical Assistant, Human Services, Social Work, and other healthcare related fields. These are entry level positions with room for growth and can be a stepping stone for anyone interested in advancing their career. Whether you desire to pursue a career in the healthcare field, human services, or social work arena get started with QLC. If already in the field are wanting to continue making a difference, then QLC is the place to work.
- Paid trainings
- PTO available for full and part-time employees. Very generous accrual amounts. 40 hours after successful completion of probationary of 6 months. 2 weeks for first year; 18 days for 1- 3 years of service, and continues to increase with years of service
- Giant warm fuzzies from making a difference!
What is available:
- Full time-40 hours per week
- Part-time-10-39 hours per week
- Relief; on-call/fill-in positions-at least 16 hours per month
- Schedules vary with early morning shifts, afternoon/evening shifts, and over night shifts.
STARTING WAGE: Wage is $10.50 per hour for Full-time and part-time Direct Support Professionals, $10.00 for Relief positions
Think this job is a good fit? Apply now – we’d love to have you on board!
If applying for a Direct Support Professional in Great Falls, you are required to attend Quality Life Concepts pre-employment interview session which takes place every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. at our office at 215 Smelter Avenue NE, Great Falls, MT 59404. Interviews will be conducted at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Would you like to make a positive impact in a child’s life? Quality Life Concepts is dedicated toward improving the quality of life for people with developmental needs and we are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in a child’s life using evidenced-based practices.
We are accepting applications for part-time Children’s Direct Support Professionals, starting wage at $10.80/hr. QLC may provide on the job training and assistance to certify staff as a Registered Behavior Technician.
Position hours vary between 10 to 29 hours per week with most hours Mon-Fri between 3:30p-7:00p and some Saturdays. Great opportunity for college students interested in working with children.
Essential Duties: provide a secure, stimulating and normalized environment for the individual served; acquire training which will be conducted by the family; contact family concerning schedule changes; assist the individual in appropriate leisure time skills and hobbies; carry out consumer habilitation programs as prescribed and directed; maintain a daily log with a written summary of the results of the activities/programs carried out with the individual. Make a difference in the life of a child! Interested in working with children with developmental disabilities.
Acceptable background check. Valid insurable Montana State driver’s license. Equal Opportunity Employer.
RBT Paid Training Available! Apply now!
Become a certified Registered Behavior Technician and work with children with autism spectrum disorders.
Registered Behavior Technicians are the backbone of our success in providing superior care and service through the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis.
We’re seeking future technicians who are positive and energetic and have a passion for working with children with autism spectrum disorders.
We are looking for highly motivated people to complete a two-week paid training course. Quality Life Concepts will provide the paid training and certification costs for successful applicants.
Training will begin Monday November 5, 2018. Applications must be submitted by October 26, 2018. Hours for the first two weeks will be 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Hours of employment may vary from part time to full time, depending on need and employee flexibility. Wages increase with completion of certification requirements and employment for 6 months.
Previous experience working with children with special needs is preferred, but not required.
Apply today at https://qlc-gtf.org/opportunities/ or pick up an application at Quality Life Concept’s office, located at 215 Smelter Ave NE, Great Falls, MT
If you have questions call QLC at 406-452-9531.
215 Smelter Ave NE
Benefits of Joining Our Team
• 401(k) Plan
• Life Insurance
• Disability Plan
• Ongoing paid training
• Advancement opportunities
• Participation in decisions
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Flexible Schedules
• Dependent Care Account
• Unreimbursed Medical Account
• Personal Critical Leave Bank
• Direct Deposit
• Service Awards
• Fellowship and Fun
How To Apply
Print An Application
Download an Application for Employment and send or bring it to our office—The background check page titled “State of Montana-Release of Information” must be notarized. Our office has notaries if needed. You may also submit a resume to be included with your application.
Submit an application online using our Online Application Form – The background check page titled “State of Montana-Release of Information” can be completed online but must be printed to be notarized. Our office has notaries if needed. You may also send a resume to be included with your application.
Pick Up An Application
The background check page titled “State of Montana-Release of Information” must be notarized. Our office has notaries if needed. You may also submit a resume to be included with your application.